August 10, 2011

Park Cafe

After a recent date night at the Frist Center for the Andy Warhol exhibit, my boyfriend and I ended our night at one of my favorite restaurnats in Nashville, Park Cafe. Located in Sylvan Park, Park Cafe is a cozy neighborhood place complete with dim lighting, funky art, and a cool space split into seven small dining rooms. There's also a covered patio in the back. When my boyfriend and I eat at Park Cafe, we usually find ourselves nestled at one of the tall tables in the bar.

Park Cafe not only has some of the best food in town, but I am in love with their drinks. My current obsession is their cucumber martini. On this dining trip, the menu had changed a bit, but definitely for the better. Being a vegetarian (sometimes I eat fish), there were some new options for me, including the most amazing vegetable plate I have ever had, seriously. Veggie plates are hard to make exciting, but Park Cafe nailed it. It consisted of a frisée salad dressed simply with lemon and olive oil, baby patty pan squash, roasted baby carrots, grilled asparagus, a lady pea and onion salad, their famous szechuan green beans, and a delicious corn pudding!
Seriously, how awesome does that look?
The other entree we ordered was the sous vide chicken. It came with a seasonal panzanella salad with micro greens, cucumber, roasted corn, tomatoes, huge chunks of local feta, and homemade bread all dressed in delicious olive oil and tangy vinegar, drizzled with basil oil. My boyfriend said the chicken was tender and amazing.
And of course, if you eat at Park Cafe you have to get the green chili mac and cheese, even if you're not hungry! It is definitely the best mac and cheese I've ever had. Individually baked with parmesan and pepper jack, green chiles, and topped with breadcrumbs. Just amazing! This stuff saves exceptionally well and is really delicious the next day, or if you're me, is a great midnight snack when you get home from dinner.
If you live in Nashville and haven't been to Park Cafe, or just haven't been in awhile, go check out the new and improved menu. If you are from out of town and visiting soon, definitely hit this place for dinner one night. And maybe get a mac and cheese or two for the road.

Happy Eating,
Evyn

Park Cafe
4403 Murphy Road
615.383.4409

No comments:

Post a Comment