July 14, 2011

Olive and Sinclair Chocolate Co.

Chocolate might be my favorite thing in the world. Cheese and wine are at the top of my list of course, but chocolate definitely makes me the happiest. In the past, I've always been a milk chocolate only kind of girl. I never really understood how chocolate was chocolate without all the butter and sugar. Well, let me rephrase. I did understand, I just didn't think it tasted as good. As I've gotten older, I've grown to love dark chocolate. Not only is it delicious, but it's healthy too! Bonus!


Recently, an amazing local chocolate maker, Olive and Sinclair, opened in Nashville. They create small batch, hand crafted chocolate that founder, owner, and maker, Scott Witherow has labeled as "Southern Artisan Chocolate."
Their darkest chocolate made with organic cacao beans from the Dominican Republic
Olive and Sinclair offers a variety of creative and interesting flavors like Sea Salt, Salt and Pepper, Cacao Nibs, and Mexican Style Cinn-Chili. They are all amazing. And let's not forget the wrappers which are just as beautiful as the chocolate. Since I'm such a fan of all things spicy, I think I like the Mexican Style chocolate bar the best. The mix of the salty, dark chocolate and the smoky cinnamon blended to create a delicious granular textured bar is to die for. 
Check out their website for more information on the chocolate, the chocolate maker Scott, and some great photos and video on how it's all done.

Olive and Sinclair
1404 McGavock Pike, Suite C
Nashville, Tennessee
P: 615.262.3007

oliveandsinclair.com

1 comment:

  1. i was the same way, milk chocolate only for me and then, gradually, i've come to love dark chocolate. i wonder if it's an age thing? regardless, i'm glad i love it now because i can feel good about eating small amounts of it.

    ReplyDelete